Today Motorola and Verizon Wireless introduced the Tegra-powered Droid X2 super phone, the next generation of the popular Droid X Android phones.
We’re excited about this newest super phone for several reasons, not least of which is that Verizon customers can get the best web experience, extreme multitasking and console-quality gaming in a super phone.
Another reason is that the Droid X2 runs on Verizon’s large 3G network – giving Verizon customers the chance to check out the brand-new experiences that Tegra brings to mobile devices, such as Tegra Zone.
The very popular original Droid X now gets more punch and power with Tegra 2. Tegra’s dual-core CPU, hardware-accelerated Flash Player capabilities and GeForce GPU combine to turbocharge the Droid X2, with 2X faster system performance over single-core smartphones, up to 2X faster web browsing, and access to Tegra-optimized games via the Tegra Zone app on Android Market.
- Powered by NVIDIA Tegra 2
- Runs Android 2.2, to be updated to Android 2.3
- Large 4.3” scratch-resistant and anti-reflective qHD screen
- Mirror Mode via HDMI to view and share photos, videos and downloaded movies on your HDTV
- 8MP camera with continuous auto-focus and HD video capture
- Access to thousands of Android Market apps
The DROID X2 will be available online at www.verizonwireless.com on May 19 and in Verizon Wireless Communication Stores on May 26.