Updated: 3/22/11 8:00am PT
We’re excited about T-Mobile USA’s upcoming, Tegra-powered LG G2x super phone and G-Slate tablet for lots of reasons. One of which is that the G2x will be the first device to feature our new Tegra Zone app preloaded; another is that both the G2x and G-Slate run on T-Mobile’s 4G network, so downloads and cross platform gaming will be lightning fast.
Haven’t heard of Tegra Zone? It’s a free app on Android Market that makes it easy to find games optimized for super phones and tablets with Tegra. You can find unique, premium Android games with impressive graphics and smoother gameplay, such as Dungeon Defenders: First Wave Deluxe HD, the first Android game built on Unreal Engine 3, as well as Samurai II: Vengeance, Fruit Ninja THD, Vendetta Online and Galaxy on Fire 2 THD, and more.
These games will rock on the G2x and the G-Slate, the newest Tegra-powered devices. See both at the International CTIA WIRELESS 2011 show in Orlando, Florida:
G2x with Google by LG:
- The first Tegra-powered super phone on T-Mobile USA to bring 1080p HD video, web browsing and gaming via HDMI out to your HDTV
- 4G and WiFi capable
- 3D gaming on a 4” touch screen
- 1080p HD video capture and playback
- Access to thousands of Android Market apps
G-Slate with Google by LG:
- The first Tegra-powered tablet running Android 3.0 (Honeycomb) on T-Mobile USA, for a faster, more visually interesting experience
- 4G and Wi-Fi capable
- Brilliant 8.9″ HD screen
- Dual rear-facing 5MP cameras for 3D video capture, HD video capture, and photo capture; front facing camera for video chat
- 32GB internal memory
Stay tuned for details on availability of these new devices. And, if you’ve had a chance to try Tegra Zone out, let us know what you think in the comments below.