Live from Stuttgart, Germany, we’re at the annual FMX conference for animation, visual effects and interactive media. Artists, animators, filmmakers, and visual effects teams from the world over are here to see the latest trends in digital content creation. The conference runs through May 6th.
NVIDIA is hosting a variety of ‘Tech-Talks,’ including presentations and panel discussions on the latest lighting and rendering techniques. Some of the world’s most accomplished VFX studios and software companies are sharing how the GPU is speeding up production workflows.
Today’s opening-day keynote, “Movie Making & More, All in the Palm of Your Hand,” is being delivered by Neil Trevett, vice president of mobile content for NVIDIA, and president of the Khronos Group (an open-standards industry trade group). He’ll describe the connection between cloud-based production solutions and powerful new mobile devices, like super phones and tablets.
Check out the complete two-day agenda of Tech-Talks: http://www.fmx.de/program/megamenue/conference/tech-talks/lighting-and-rendering.html
We’re also giving away a Motorola XOOM at the show, powered by our NVIDIA Tegra 2 dual core processor.
In the expo area, NVIDIA is presenting a full slate of technology demonstrations by companies leveraging NVIDIA Quadro professional graphics solutions, based on our new NVIDIA Fermi architecture, If you are there, stop by to see PNY and CADnetwork showing off:
- Bunkspeed 3D rendering, modeling and animation software
- Autodesk 3ds Max modeling, animation and rendering software with NVIDIA PhysX for game, film and TV development;
- Autodesk Maya 3D animation software with NVIDIA PhysX utilizing NVIDIA 3D Vision Pro active shutter glasses technology in a 3D stereoscopic production environment
- Adobe Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.5 software featuring the GPU-accelerated Mercury Playback Engine with the Cineform Neo3D plug-in running on an NVIDIA Quadro 4000 for Mac
- The Chaos Group V-Ray renderer utilizing an NVIDIA Quadro 6000 and three NVIDIA Tesla C2070.
If you’re in Stuttgart, join us for one or more of our Tech Talks today or tomorrow. And be sure to come by and visit us in Booth 3.1 to see the latest in digital content creation accelerated with NVIDIA Quadro professional graphics solutions.