Today, we released new GeForce R290 beta drivers with more optimizations for this fall’s hot new PC games: Batman: Arkham City, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, and Battlefield 3.
You can download these new GeForce 290.36 drivers from GeForce.com. They’re available for both desktop and notebook GeForce GPUs running Windows 7 or Windows Vista. They’re also available for GeForce desktop GPUs running Windows XP.
These drivers add NVIDIA ambient occlusion support (via the NVIDIA Control Panel) for Skyrim and Modern Warfare 3, providing an even more realistic gaming experience. Check out the on/off screenshots in the R290 article on GeForce.com.
Batman: Arkham City was released last week for the PC and takes PhysX immersion to a new level. Check out the new Batman video on NVIDIA’s YouTube channel.
GeForce R290 beta driver highlights:
- Updates PhysX to version 9.11.1107 for the best PhysX experience in Batman: Arkham City.
- Adds ambient occlusion support for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3.
- Enables NVIDIA Surround technology on Intel X79 SLI-certified motherboards.
- Fixes some instances of geometry corruption in Battlefield 3.
- Adds or updates SLI profiles for Crysis 2, Heroes and Generals, Inversion, and Stronghold 3.
- Adds support for 3D Vision over native DisplayPort 1.1 connection.
- Adds or updates 3D Vision profiles for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, Diablo 3, L.A. Noire, and more.
For more detail, refer to the release highlights on the driver download page or read the GeForce R290 article on GeForce.com.
Enjoy the new R290 beta drivers, and please let us know what you think in the comments below.