How NVIDIA Turns Green Into Green, And Other Tales From Our Global Citizenship Report
Green isn’t just our favorite color. Around here, it’s a way of life.
Last year, for instance, we scrutinized the size and weight of our products to minimize their environmental impact during handling and transit. The result: a smaller carbon footprint, and $430,000 savings in annual freight costs.
For NVIDIA, sustainability is a team sport. So, we ask every employee to focus on sustainability at every stage of the product lifecycle — from design, to manufacturing and delivery, to use in the real world.
We report our results in our annual Global Citizenship Report, which describes how NVIDIA contributes to society. We’re very happy to share our just-released 2013 edition and the progress we’re making.
Of course, there’s always room for improvement. With the release of this year’s report, we asked our employees for their ideas to create a more sustainable NVIDIA. Nearly 200 came in, and we’d like to invite you to do the same below.
But first, check out some of the highlights from our 2013 Global Citizenship Report and links to further information:
- NVIDIA ranked No. 6 in the Newsweek Green Rankings
- We’re the first IT company to receive greenhouse gas assurance of our global emissions.
- We earned a score of 87 (out of 100) in the Carbon Disclosure Project, an annual ranking of top companies and their response to risk and opportunities around climate change. That’s the highest among our competitors and in the top third of the IT sector.
In our Global Citizenship Report, you’ll also find information about:
- How our energy-conscious designs power myriad technologies – from the smartphone in your pocket to the world’s mightiest supercomputers.
- The amazing social impact of the GPU, which is used to treat disease, seek cures, predict tsunamis, smarten up cars and address hundreds of other complex social and scientific problems.
- How our manufacturing, facilities operations, shipping and supplier management practices are getting greener.
- Our contributions in our local communities, including charitable and volunteer work through the employee-led NVIDIA Foundation and relationships built with universities around the world.
We invite you to learn more about our efforts around sustainability in the full report, which you can find here.