So, it’s gratifying to see our work recognized by an important U.S. benchmark survey on LGBT workplace practices.
Our recent perfect score of 100 on the 2016 Corporate Equality Index results from a series of efforts that raised our rating from 75 just a year ago. Some of these steps include:
- Introducing stronger policies with clearer language prohibiting discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender issues
- Increasing same-sex domestic partner benefits and insurance offerings
- Adding benefits for employees in gender transition
- Participating in LGBT campus-recruiting events
- Supporting public events, like the San Francisco Pride Parade
Our work in the area of fairness around LGBT issues is part of our larger focus on making NVIDIA an even greater place to work.
Earlier this month, for example, we expanded our parental leave benefits in the United States up to 30 weeks for birth mothers and 20 weeks for fathers and those adopting a child or serving as foster parents. These new benefits are among the absolute best in the technology industry.