We’re packing a ton into our annual Emerging Companies Summit, where more than $600,000 in prizes will be awarded to promising startups that are using GPUs to forge businesses and, potentially, disrupt industries.
The one-day event, in Silicon Valley on April 6, will bring together startups, investors and execs to explore opportunities in AI, VR and other hot fields. It’s a great opportunity to discover companies like Oculus Rift, which participated in 2013.
We encourage you to join participants from around the world for the following events:
- 9-10:30 am: VR Showcase – Eight VR startups describe their innovative technologies and compete for the hottest VR startup award.
- 10:30 am -12 pm: China in Focus – 20 Chinese startups will exhibit in the expo hall; three startups will give onstage presentations, followed by an expert panel focused on opportunities in China.
- 12-2 pm: Lunch in Expo Hall with more than 60 startups. Talk with CEOs and check out their technology.
- 2-5 pm: Early Stage Challenge – 12 hot startups compete for a $100,000 check, awarded on the spot based on a vote from the panel and audience.
- 5-7 pm: Expo Hall at the GPU Technology Conference – Explore 150 booths showcasing AI, VR, autonomous cars, drones and other GPU-based technologies. Fully catered.
- 7-9 pm: ECS Awards Ceremony with more than $500,000 in goods and services to be awarded at the Fairmont Hotel, San Jose.
The Emerging Companies Summit has a long record of helping startups break out, get acquired, or reach the next level. Among them: Oculus Rift (acquired by Facebook for $2 billion), Elemental Technologies (acquired by Amazon for $296 million), Gaikai (acquired by Sony for $380 million) and Natural Motion (acquired by Zynga for $527 million).
The event takes place during NVIDIA’s GPU Technology Conference, which attracts thousands of scientists, researchers and enterprise leaders to hear how GPU computing is transforming industries. This year’s GTC, which takes place April 4-7 at the San Jose Convention Center, is focused on artificial intelligence/deep learning, self-driving cars and VR
Register to attend the Emerging Companies Summit at http://www.gputechconf.com/emerging-companies-summit.