Building A Sustainable Future: NVIDIA Releases 7th Annual Corporate Sustainability Report
Our seventh annual sustainability report, published today, tells one of the most important stories in tech: How GPU computing is helping change the world.
- Deep learning is transforming countless industries — from robots that assist the disabled and drones that navigate their way to emergencies, to supercomputers that diagnose disease and deepen our understanding of climate change.
- Self-driving cars are redefining how we think about transportation, shuttling people safely and potentially saving millions of lives.
- VR simulates the world, changing everything from how physicians are trained to how buildings are designed.
The GPU — which NVIDIA invented for gaming nearly two decades ago — is central to each of these areas. NVIDIA itself is on a similar path of progress. Our journey is detailed in the report, which describes how GPU computing is changing industry and people’s lives globally. Among other highlights in the report:
- We’re again in the Dow Jones Sustainability Index, the highest-profile ranking of its kind.
- We scored 98 out of 100 on the Carbon Disclosure Project for 2015, which looks at the risks created by climate change. This is up from 92 last year, and 34 from several years ago.
- We ranked No. 4 on the latest Newsweek Green Rankings of U.S. companies. It’s our highest ever ranking and seventh year in a row on the list.
- We debuted on the “100 Best Corporate Citizens” list from CR Magazine and received a perfect score on the Corporate Equality Index.
The commitment to social and environmental responsibility from our 9,300-plus employees across 24 countries is strong and deep.
- We’re increasing our efforts at energy efficiency and responsible supply chain management. Our latest generation Pascal GPU architecture is engineered to maximize performance and minimize energy use. We also conduct assessments and audit key suppliers to ensure they’re committed to social and environmental responsibility, too.
- We’re becoming more inclusive. Our culture celebrates collaboration and rewards individual drive. We’ve adopted an industry-leading parental leave policy that helps employees balance family and career. NVIDIA was named to Fortune magazine’s “World’s Most Admired Companies,” Forbes magazine’s “America’s Best Large Employers,” and Glassdoor’s “Employees’ Choice – Best Places to Work” lists.
- We’re growing our philanthropic initiatives. Our employees volunteered nearly 17,000 hours in 2015, much of it focused on education in the community. Nearly all of our offices held fundraisers or volunteer events last year. And the NVIDIA Foundation, our employee-led corporate giving arm, led more than $3 million in total giving. This includes $200,000 granted to researchers using NVIDIA technology to solve some of the world’s toughest problems, as part of the NVIDIA Global Impact Award.
Our innovations are driving the market forward. Our people are committed to running our business sustainably. Our customers, partners, suppliers and investors are working with us to shape a future where social and environmental considerations are a primary concern.