NVIDIA Dramatically Ups Ante for VR, Design with World’s Fastest GPUJuly 25, 2016
We’re showing the extraordinary power of the new Quadro Pascal platform for artists, designers and animators at this week’s SIGGRAPH conference, the world’s largest event for computer graphics.
We’re launching the most powerful workstation GPU, and software capabilities that will provide artists and designers with extraordinary ability to work faster, with greater creativity. New from NVIDIA at the show are:
- The Quadro P6000, to power the most advanced workstations ever built. With its 3,840 cores and an amazing 12 TFlops of compute power, designers will be able to manipulate complex designs up to twice as fast as before.1,2
- VRWorks’ 360 Video SDK, to let VR developers create applications to ingest, stitch and stream 4K video feeds from multi-camera rigs, enabling 360o real-time surround video experiences.
- The addition of GPU-acceleration to mental ray, the world’s most popular film-quality renderer.
- NVIDIA Optix 4, the latest version of our GPU ray tracing engine, on our NVIDIA DGX-1 supercomputer, which now allows artists to achieve the fastest interactive rendering possible for film-size scenes up to 64GB.
“Often our artists are working with 50GB or higher datasets,” says Steve May, CTO at PIXAR. “The ability to visualize scenes of this size interactively gives our artists the ability to make creative decisions more quickly. We’re looking forward to testing the limits of Pascal and expect the benefits to our workflows to be huge.”
New Iray VR capabilities are also among the key benefits to content creators.
Because Iray VR technology delivers photoreal virtual reality experiences, designers can gain new perspectives on their creations by seeing and interacting with them from differing vantage points. Iray VR uses light field technology to bring the accuracy of physically-based rendering to interactive VR.
See it at SIGGRAPH
At our SIGGRAPH booth #509, you can see all these technologies and more. You’ll be able to;
- Experience a tech demonstration of the world’s first real-time 3D oil painting simulator from Adobe Research.
- Take in a live demo of 4K videos being stitched in real-time with near imperceptible latency with our VRWorks 360 Video SDK.
- See PIXAR content running on the new NVIDIA DGX-1, fully ray-traced with NVIDIA OptiX, at interactive speeds. DGX-1 makes this possible with NVLink technology, which allows its Tesla P100 GPU accelerators to access and combine each other’s memory to enable far larger scenes to run with GPU performance.
- Check out our demo of the new GPU-accelerated mental ray and the latest Iray plugins.
Plus, you can catch a sneak peek of the powerful NVIDIA Pascal-based Quadro GPU in a mobile form factor. It’s built to help you tackle the most demanding rendering and VR workloads from any location.
This fall, Iray VR will be available as a beta to DGX-1 and Quadro VCA customers; and Pascal-based NVIDIA Quadro GPUs will be available from all leading OEMs and integrators.
And if you’re a VR developer, our VRworks 360 Video SDK will be released publicly later this year. Register on the VRWorks developer page to get notified as soon as the 360 Video SDK is available for download.