They help Jane Goodall map ape habitats in Africa. They’re used by searchers trying to solve the mystery of the lost Malaysian flight MH370.
DigitalGlobe’s 3D visualizations of Earth — captured from hundreds of satellites moving at 15,000 miles per hour — support some of humanity’s most ambitious endeavors.
“We work with datasets that are too large to download,” says Mike Bantz, IT engineer at DigitalGlobe. “By running NVIDIA GRID on Linux virtual desktops, we can provide users access to our imagery from anywhere.”
Virtualization for All
It’s one example of how NVIDIA GRID makes virtualization more useful to more people in more places.
- CannonDesign, one of the world’s largest architecture, engineering, and construction firms will explain how it knit its global workforce together with NVIDIA GRID.
- Build a virtualization rack with the best gear on the market in virtual reality with IBM Cloud’s Server Challenge IV VR Game.
- Learn how Intuit uses NVIDIA GRID to help people with their taxes.
- Build and test products in augmented reality with ESI’s immersive workspaces.
- Hear how student loan specialist Cornerstone uses Nutanix and NVIDIA GRID to support loan officers across the United States.