Better medicine with AI. A deep learning stock picker. Self-driving trucks.
That’s just a sample of the groundbreaking work by nearly 80 AI startups at the GPU Technology Conference this week.
Get a close-up look at how they’re changing industries by coming to any of 40-plus talks, checking out the exhibits and even attending an awards gala honoring the winners of our $1.5 million AI startup competition.
You can also get a picture of the deep learning startup ecosystem during NVIDIA CEO and founder Jensen Huang’s keynote on Wednesday at 9 am PT. The ecosystem, displayed below, shows leading areas of innovation by members of our Inception virtual accelerator. The eight-month-old program supports fledgling businesses revolutionizing industries with AI.
What to See
Here’s a closer look at some of the best ways to learn more about AI startups at GTC:
- The Startup Pavilion – Try demos and talk directly with emerging companies showcasing their products inside the exhibit hall. The Exhibition Hall.
- Inception AI Startup Awards – Find out the big winners of a piece of $1.5 million at a Hollywood-style celebration on Wednesday from 4:30-5:30 p.m. in Room 220C. Be sure to arrive early; seating is limited. (Sponsors include Microsoft, Softbank, Fidelity Investments, Goldman Sachs, Coatue Investments.)
- Talks by AI startups – Learn about how AI startups are revolutionizing healthcare, retailing, cybersecurity, manufacturing and more. Here’s a sample of what you’ll find:
- Tuesday, May 9
- Cloud-Based Deep Learning as the Radiologist’s Best Friend, Dal Golden, director of Machine Learning, Arterys (4 pm, Room 220B)
- Deep Learning for Retail Analytics and Reference Data Management, Robert Bogucki, chief science officer, deepsense.io (4 pm, Room 210B)
- Wednesday, May 10:
- An Artificial Brain that Detects Any Kind of Cyber-threat, Eli David, CTO, DeepInstinct (2 pm, Room 210B)
- Artificial Intelligence for Digital Pathology. Kunghyun Paeng, research scientist, Lunit (Wednesday, May 10, 4 pm, Room 220B)
- Thursday, May 11
- Developing Your Own Wake Word Engine Just Like Alexa and OK Google, Xuchen Yao, CEO, KITT.AI (11 am, Room 220C)
- IX: Platform for Artificial Intelligence Exchange in Industry, Akira Sato, CEO, XCompass Ltd. (3 pm, Room 210B)
For participants in our Inception virtual accelerator program, there are opportunities to connect with NVIDIA experts for advice on how to build AI products and services, how to shift from machine learning to deep learning and more. Inception AI startups at GTC also got a surprise at a welcome reception – we handed everyone there a Pascal-powered NVIDIA TITAN Xp.
- Tuesday, May 9