Right From the Start: NVIDIA Quadro the Only GPU Certified for Professionals
Architects, designers, engineers, artists and other professionals can’t afford to take chances with their work. With million-dollar projects at stake, and competition fierce, they need to simulate what their final project or product will be, accurately, the first time.
NVIDIA Quadro products are designed, tested and tuned for professional applications.
Not many projects are more demanding than designing spaceships for Guardians of the Galaxy. To handle the size and complexity of the work, artists at Framestore used the Quadro P4000, our midrange professional graphics GPU that excels under extreme workloads.
“The Quadro P4000 is great. It runs cooler and more quietly than the previous card I had used in-house”, says Noah Taylor, senior effects technical director at Framestore. “The extra memory and speed (it’s noticeably much faster) has helped me visualize spaceships with 40 million polygons, hundreds of proprietary volume shaders, and OpenGL-based instances for shrapnel visualization. All of these were visualized at the same time and inside Autodesk Maya’s native viewports for work on Guardians of the Galaxy 2. The card ran very smoothly indeed – all of the time.”
Engineers and designers at international firm Hensel Phelps Construction Company use NVIDIA Quadro professional GPUs on projects spanning from planning to design to construction. They use Quadro to create complex photoreal models and immersive virtual reality environments for design reviews and client walk-throughs.
“With Quadro, you get that stability and reliability. Going into client meetings, I have no doubt I’ll be able to provide the best experience possible,” says Drew Rebman, lead VDC engineer at Hensel Phelps. “I don’t have to reduce the size of the model or make other modifications to ensure it’s going to perform.”
Quadro professional GPUs are the only ones on the market that have undergone hours of rigorous testing and are recommended and certified by hundreds of major software providers to work seamlessly with their professional applications.
Says Rebman, “With Quadro, I don’t even have to think about it. I can throw whatever I want at it and there’s no limiting factors. When I jump into VR, that’s when I really push the GPU. The Quadro P4000, in particular, handles it great.”
Benefits of Quadro P4000
Architects, designers and engineers rely on the Quadro P4000 to:
- Enjoy the reliability and performance of professional certifications – Through joint development with application providers and rigorous in-house testing, Quadro products are the only professional GPUs certified on industry-leading applications like Autodesk Maya, SOLIDWORKS, PTC Creo, Siemens PLM and CATIA.
- Incorporate VR into design workflows – The P4000 is VR Ready with the power to create detailed, lifelike, immersive environments. Larger, more complex designs can be experienced at scale.
- Benefit from photorealistic design – Pascal-based Quadro GPUs can render photorealistic images more than 18 times faster than a CPU.
- Create expansive visual workspaces – Visualize data in high resolution and HDR color on up to four 5K displays.
- Build massive digital signage configurations cost effectively – Up to 32 4K displays can be configured through a single chassis by combining up to eight P4000 GPUs and two Quadro Sync II cards.
Image credit, featured image: Guardians of the Galaxy. Image courtesy of Framestore.