GTC Europe: Explore AI and Deep Learning
I am a visionary. I am a healer. I am a protector. I am a helper. I am a navigator. I am a creator.
2017 has been called “the year of artificial intelligence” by media around the world for good reason. Groundbreaking advances are happening across a variety of AI applications, specifically deep learning, including image classification, video analytics, speech recognition and natural language processing.
When GTC rolls into Munich October 10-12, we’ll be exploring how AI is continuing to transform industries.
Dive into Deep Learning
NVIDIA technology is driving some of the most exciting advances in AI and deep learning. At GTC Europe, attendees will be able to discover just what this groundbreaking technology can achieve.
Be sure not to miss sessions led by experts in the field, including:
- Andreas Geiger, Max Planck group leader and visiting professor, MPI Tuebingen/ETH Zurich, discusses deep models for 3D reconstruction.
- Adam Wisniewski, director, PwC Poland, describes how PwC Drone Powered Solutions has merged drones, machine learning and image data processing within strategy consulting.
- Jean-Loup Loyer, lead data scientist, L’Oréal Research & Innovation, explains how AI is affecting the cosmetics industry using the example of the L’Oréal-Kératese Smart Hair Coach.
- Soumith Chintala, research engineer, Facebook, explores a new framework for scientific computing, PyTorch.
- Yasser Jadidi, global head of AI research, Robert Bosch GmbH, gives insights into the industrial challenges in automotive powertrain and autonomous driving perception.
- Peter Strohm, senior manager of R&D, Jedox AG, talks about hybrid engines with with multi-GPU on in-memory database queries.
Attendees will also be able to get a closer look at NVIDIA’s DGX systems, as well as learn more about its new Volta architecture. Both the DGX-1 and DGX Station will be on display and demos will show off the full power of these AI supercomputers.
- NVIDIA’s Charlie Boyle and Markus Weber explore DGX systems powered by Volta in more detail and explain the best practices for deep learning from desk to data center.
- Louis Chevallier, principal scientist at Technicolor, will explore how deep learning can be used for image analysis and synthesis.
- Anna Maraga, chief scientific officer at Metaliquid, will discuss deep learning for video descriptive analysis in the broadcast and media industry.
DGX User Group
Those who have purchased a DGX-1 also have the opportunity to join an exclusive, interactive session shaped around their interests, challenges and experiences with the technology. We will also have an expert update on how to get the most out of your DGX with multi gpu framework usage. If you are interested in attending, please contact Carlo Ruiz email@example.com .
Discover Startups with Inception
The NVIDIA Inception Program nurtures dedicated and exceptional startups who are revolutionizing industries through their advances in AI and data science.
At GTC Europe, Inception will showcase the hottest startups from across continent throughout the convention center.
In the exhibition area, 14 startups will show how their solutions are bringing about real change to industries. Two tracks are dedicated to startup speakers: one focuses on startups working in the healthcare sector, and the other features speakers working in autonomous driving.
Our Inception Awards will also take place in Europe for the first time. Over 600 startups were nominated for a chance to pitch their solution to a panel of industry leaders and key decision makers.
These nominations have now been whittled down to just five who will battle it out for the title of Hottest Emerging Startup in front of:
- Barbara Sichler, director of Business Development and Product Management, Volkswagen IT
- Jeff Herbst, worldwide vice president of Business Development, NVIDIA
- Markus Trost, associate, Odgers Berndston
- Shu Nyatta, investor, Softbank Vision Fund
The winning startup will be awarded a DGX Station by none other than NVIDIA founder and CEO Jensen Huang.
At GTC Europe, the NVIDIA Deep Learning Institute will host over 30 different hands-on labs, covering topics such as deep learning fundamentals, scene description generation and natural language processing, as well as industry-specific labs for autonomous driving, digital content creation, finance, healthcare and robotics.
Attendees can learn the skills they need to solve the world’s most challenging problems with deep learning.
Some highlights from the full schedule of labs:
- Character Animation with TensorFlow
- Deploying Neural Networks in Embedded Applications
- Modeling Time Series Data with RNNs in Keras
- Object Detection with DIGITS
- Training a Semantic Segmentation Network Ready for Deployment in the Car
- Trading Strategy for Finance Using LSTMs
Register Now for GTC Europe
Join us in Munich this October and explore the potential of AI. Register today.