Delivering the future of work through technology that enables digital transformation was the focus of this year’s Citrix Synergy, one of the industry’s largest virtualization tradeshows.
One of the highlights was NVIDIA virtual GPU (vGPU) solutions, which won a TechTarget “Best of Citrix Synergy 2018” award for the category of Digital Workspace.
An independent team of judges consisting of experts and editors from SearchVirtualDesktop.com reviewed and evaluated nominated products according to innovation, value, performance, reliability and ease of use.
NVIDIA vGPU extends the power of GPU computing to anyone in an organization, delivering a native-like experience on any device, while improving productivity and collaboration.
To meet the challenges of digital workplaces, NVIDIA offers the NVIDIA Quadro Virtual Data Center Workstation (Quadro vDWS), the NVIDIA GRID Virtual PC (GRID vPC) and NVIDIA GRID Virtual Apps (GRID vApps). The latest NVIDIA vGPU software release enables live migration of GPU-accelerated virtual machines — demoed at the show with XenMotion — without end user disruption or loss of data.
On the Citrix Synergy show floor, the most powerful virtual workstation on Quadro vDWS and Tesla V100 demonstrated real-time simulation on ANSYS Discovery Live and AI enhanced rendering on SOLIDWORKS Visualize. A Windows 10 VDI environment, with and without a GPU, showed how users of a simple application like PowerPoint can experience improved latency and lower CPU utilization with a GPU and GRID vPC software.
GPU Virtualization Sessions
If you missed the show, check out the replays of the sessions below from Citrix product leaders who highlighted the power of NVIDIA vGPU solutions in a Citrix VDI environment:
- SYN134: Secure digital workspace and hybrid cloud with XenServer. David Cottingham and Chris Edwards covered the latest features in XenServer, including XenMotion support for GPU-accelerated VDI environments and support for the industry’s highest user-density solution with 128 NVIDIA vGPUs per host.
- SYN101: What’s new in the Xen family. Carisa Stringer and Milind Mohile went over GPU live migration with XenMotion and how it’s enabling IT to be more agile and ensure high availability of VDI environments.
- SYN127: Everything you need to know about Windows 10, Server and Citrix. Fernando Klurfan and Chris Edwards discussed how the way we work is changing, and how NVIDIA GRID is critical to address the increasing graphical demands of knowledge workers.
- SYN206: User experience with HDX: flying high through any cloud. Roberto Moreno, Allen Furmanski and Fernando Klurfan shared hard data on how NVIDIA vGPUs in a Citrix VDI environment deliver better end-user latency and consistency, while improving user density through lower CPU utilization. Additionally, they highlighted improvements in hardware-encoding though adaptive display, ensuring full fidelity of images for the best user experience.
- SYN237: Citrix and Nutanix: the 2018 inside scoop. Kees Baggerman and Jarian Gibson shared a simple blueprint to deliver the digital workspace, and Nutanix AHV’s support on NVIDIA vGPUs.
Learn more about how NVIDIA virtual GPU can help accelerate your Citrix VDI environment.
Join our webinar, What’s New with NVIDIA Virtual GPU, for more information about the latest software release.
Learn more about NVIDIA vGPU solutions by following @NVIDIAVirt.