Like never before, healthcare is in the spotlight in 2020 due to COVID-19 and the shifts that doctors and hospitals had to make for screening, virtual appointments and stringent safety precautions.
Hospitals are being asked to do more with less, and researchers are working around the clock to answer pressing questions. AI has been instrumental in helping to keep patients and clinicians safe, while also optimizing workflows and procedures.
NVIDIA equips the world’s leading healthcare institutions with advanced tools to tackle interoperable data and meet the increasing demand for personalized medicine and next-generation clinics. Many startups are using NVIDIA platforms to develop intelligent AI applications and accelerate areas such as drug discovery, medical imaging, genomics and smart hospital applications.
From Oct. 12-16 at the HLTH Conference VRTL Startup and Innovation Forum, NVIDIA will showcase top startups from the NVIDIA Inception program, which provides startups with go-to-market support, AI expertise and technology.
“Digital” eyes and ears are needed more than ever to protect patients and staff during the pandemic. AI greatly improves hospital efficiency and patient satisfaction. Smart video sensors can determine if patients and staff are wearing a mask and monitor temperatures. Conversational AI can provide patients with immediate answers from an AI-powered virtual assistant, instead of waiting for a clinical staff member to become available.
NVIDIA Clara Guardian is a smart hospital application framework and a partner ecosystem that brings smart sensors and multimodal AI together to improve patient care in healthcare facilities.
Here are three smart hospital solution providers, and NVIDIA Inception members, presenting at HLTH:
- Darvis is an AI-powered data analytics company that translates computer vision into valuable data analytics to provide insights of objects and uses robotic process automation to enable hospitals and care facilities to build, manage and secure optimal flows of staff, hygiene, medical equipment and day-to-day services.
- Ouva is a GPU-accelerated visual sensing platform for remote patient care and touch-free assistance.
- Whiteboard Coordinator is a suite of healthcare IoT AI solutions for operating room coordination, thermal sensing, telemonitoring and conversational AI.
Read about many more Clara Guardian-powered AI solutions.
Putting vast data sources to work to advance the discovery of new medicines and vaccines requires massively powerful computing resources to harness the capabilities of AI.
Computational chemistry and drug discovery, which include structure-based drug design, molecular docking, generative AI models, virtual screening and high-throughput screening, are laborious and time-intensive processes that need AI to help with search, assimilation of data and efficiency.
NVIDIA Clara Discovery is a collection of frameworks, applications and AI models enabling GPU-accelerated computational drug discovery.
Drug development is a cross-disciplinary endeavor. Clara Discovery can be applied across the drug discovery process and combines accelerated computing, AI and machine learning in genomics, proteomics, microscopy, virtual screening, computational chemistry, visualization, clinical imaging and natural language processing.
Life sciences and machine learning startups will be sharing their innovations:
- Macromoltek, an in-silico antibody drug design company, can design custom antibodies in one week using GPU-accelerated computational modeling.
- Synvivia builds protein switches to control the behavior of genetically engineered organisms using GPU-enabled high performance computing.
- Vyasa Analytics, an innovative deep learning software and analytics company, enables secure and scalable solutions to disparate data across life science and healthcare organizations.
- H2O.ai, the open source leader in AI and GPU-accelerated automatic machine learning, is empowering healthcare companies to deliver AI solutions while addressing challenges from the global COVID-19 pandemic.
- The Kinetica Streaming Data Warehouse combines historical and streaming data analysis with powerful location intelligence and AI in a single platform to deliver immediate healthcare results, like speeding up drug trials, tracking disease spread, coordinating emergency response and managing supply chain logistics in real time.
We’ll be presenting on Friday, Oct. 16, at 2 p.m. Pacific time. Visit vrtl.hlth.com and search for the “NVIDIA Startup Showcase” to learn more. Book a private 1:1 meeting in our virtual booth.