Gamers call us “Team Green.” They don’t do it because of our commitment to social and environmental responsibility. Maybe they should.
Every day our 9,000-plus employees in 24 countries work to improve the energy efficiency of our products and boost the sustainability of our operations. Going green takes real grunt.
All that work is worth it. This week we published our latest progress report: our sixth annual Corporate Responsibility Report. Among the highlights:
- We’re now in the Dow Jones Sustainability Index, the highest-profile ranking of its kind.
- We scored 92 out of 100 on the Carbon Disclosure Project, which looks at the risks created by climate change. We’ve risen steadily in this area since scoring 34 five years ago.
- At No. 20, we rank in the top 4 percent of U.S. companies in the latest Newsweek Green Rankings. It’s our sixth year in a row on the list.
But we’ve got more work to do.
We’re improving our operational efficiency. We engineer our products to maximize performance and minimize energy use. We audit key suppliers and conduct internal assessments to ensure that we address all aspects of responsible supply chain management.
We also prize employee recruitment and retention. We take pride in our culture of collaboration and diversity, while celebrating individual drive. Our employees agree. Their feedback in the 2015 Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Award put us on the site’s “best place to work” list.
We also manage our risk and reputation. We work with our global suppliers to ensure they’re committed to social and environmental responsibility, too.
We’re invested in long-term efforts to improve the planet:
- Our work in deep learning will revolutionize how humans benefit from technology, helping make cars safer and medical treatments more effective.
- The NVIDIA Global Impact Award grants $150,000 to researchers using our technology to solve some of the world’s toughest problems.
- We’re committed to increasing the diversity of our workforce and investing to make engineering careers more attractive to young women and men from all walks of life.
- We plan to cut our greenhouse gas footprint by 15 percent per employee by 2020.
Our innovations drive the market forward. With that come social and environmental considerations. We recognize this as a responsibility, and we’re committed to running our own business sustainably.
Read more about all our efforts in our Corporate Responsibility Report.